Shoreview Honors its Entrepreneurs
25 Nov 2023
Entrepreneurs are vital to our national economy. The unique ventures these innovative problem solvers develop result in small businesses that make up 99% of all businesses that employ Americans.
November is National Entrepreneurship Month. What started as a day in 2010 became a month-long celebration thanks to the deserving recognition of the tireless efforts entrepreneurs consistently endure. National Entrepreneur’s Day is still annually acknowledged on the third Tuesday of November.
Innovation is the name of the game, and as entrepreneurs, they see the problems, find solutions and create answers. An example we all can relate to is Karl Benz. He saw the problem of people walking, found a solution for mobile transportation, and created the first car. Decades later, Henry Ford saw the problem of car demand, found a solution to mass production, and made the assembly line to manufacture multiple cars at a time. Centuries after Karl Benz’s first vehicle, when people grow weary from walking, they call a rideshare or request a pickup from a friend or family member. That original innovation has now morphed into electric cars.
Shoreview Welcomes New Businesses & Entrepreneurs
National Entrepreneurship Month is the perfect time to celebrate Shoreview’s new businesses and entrepreneurs. We welcome them with open arms and are proud they decided to “Think Shoreview.”
Shoreview welcomes those interested in opening, relocating or expanding a business. Numerous local resources are available in and around Shoreview, with services specifically tailored to helping entrepreneurs. Some of these include:
- Open to Business
- CEO Next Business Institute
- SCORE Twin Cities
- Small Business Development Center - Twin Cities
- Emerging Entrepreneur Loan Program
Click on any of the above programs for more details. The conversation today could be the beginning of your tomorrow.
Ways to Celebrate National Entrepreneurship Month
As natural problem-solvers, entrepreneurs are job drivers, economy-stabilizers, and family builders. When an entrepreneur gets their business off the ground, they hire employees. Employees take those wages into their homes to provide for their families and into communities to purchase necessary and desirable goods and services.
To celebrate them this month and beyond, here are some ways consumers and customers can say, “Thank you,” to the entrepreneurs in Shoreview:
- Purchase something from your favorite entrepreneur or from one you haven’t shopped with before
- Specifically purchase from a woman entrepreneur on November 19th, Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Volunteer your time and assistance
- Consider a service-based entrepreneur and schedule an appointment
- Leave a review on their social media
- Share love by posting a review on your personal social media
- Follow entrepreneurs’ social media pages and interact with them
Ways Shoreview entrepreneurs can support fellow entrepreneurs:
- Support local crowdfunding websites
- Mentor a new entrepreneur
- Start or attend monthly Entrepreneur Only networking meetings
- Volunteer teaching small business basics at the local Chamber of Commerce
- Remind others to be thankful for the journey you are on together
National Entrepreneurship Month celebrates innovation, creativity, problem-solving, courage and change! Now is the time to start your own entrepreneurial experience. Contact the City of Shoreview for assistance today!