Shoreview is committed to providing the support and resources necessary to foster business development and growth in our community. The city council, economic development authority, and economic development commission work together to ensure that Shoreview maintains a strong, healthy, and positive business climate that promotes continued economic development, business growth and reinvestment in the community.
The economic development team manages and promotes economic-based development, redevelopment, and business retention and expansion in Shoreview. Business growth is a foundation for a sustainable community, with a stable tax base, employment opportunities, and city services.
Two citizen-advisory commissions provide policy direction for economic development in Shoreview:
The Economic Development Authority (EDA) is a five-member board appointed by the City Council. The EDA facilitates economic growth by:
- supporting existing businesses
- fostering reinvestment in residential neighborhoods and commercial areas
- promoting the creation of new businesses, employment, and housing opportunities
These efforts help sustain and enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in the community.
The Economic Development Commission (EDC) is a separate entity that works to support business development and growth in Shoreview, with an emphasis on:
- Promoting businesses
- Advocating for a strong business community
- Retaining businesses
- Attracting new businesses
- Communicating between businesses and city officials
- Educating businesses on city policies and goals
- Providing networking opportunities
- Partnering with the city council and economic development authority